Thursday, May 5, 2011

Poetry Day Pt. 2!

So poetry day in class turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be. I was dreading having to write poetry, because being creative on the spot is difficult! But I ended up really enjoying hearing other people's poems (diarrhea burning like the heat of a thousand suns!) and I even liked most of my own :)


For the first poem we wrote about something abstract: time.

Flowing as a river
Whisping as the wind
Round and around
the arms they spin


The second poem we wrote about something concrete: a chair.

Climb the mountain
and you'll come to a plateau
Where you'll find my cat,
It's her favorite place to go


The third and fourth poems we chose what to write about and then everybody tried to guess what it was!

Thunderous and daunting
Purple, black, and blue
Your tears escape
And your voice cracks
But soon it passes and
Your face again, pleases the masses

--In this one I describing like the sky/a passing thunderstorm


You cry, I'll calm you
You fall, I'll catch you
You giggle, I'll smile
You stand, I'll encourage you
Put one foot before the other
You and I, together we'll wander

--In this one I was describing my baby brother!


Overall, poetry day was a success I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment